A Ride to bidadi

The whole week I kept wondering about the destination for the weekend ride. I thought I want it nothing less than 40Km. That's because, in the last weekend ride, I came to know about my cycling strength that I can easily do a 20Km ride in approximately 1:10 min. So I wanted something longer, harder this time. So i narrowed down my choice to Bidadi. On Saturday i started the ride on my Firefox Target at 6.15 took the ring road to Nayandalli. At Nayandhalli Slope, I managed to put up max speed of 42KmPh. Road has many uphills and slopes. So you get nice dose of morning workout over here.Took a helpless glance at the River Vrushabhavati turned to a filthy drainage. I reached RV college and put up some speed there. Reached Kengeri in 28 min. Not very tired. So went calmly till Kumbalgod. There I met two riders with those high-end tarmac bent handle cycles. Their gear was much professional and more sophisticated than mine (I didn't even have hand gloves, let alone helmet!). They took a right turn towards Ramohalli. I went straight towards Bidadi. I reached Bidadi in an hour approximately. I didn't want to take any pit-stops so took a sharp U-turn and headed back towards Bangalore.

Put up a top speed of 47 KmPh in one of the downhills. By the time i reached Bangalore University , I was exhausted, but kept pushing myself by hydrating 2-3 times. I didn't want to breath the dirty air in Nayandhalli junction or get stuck in the traffic, so I lifted my bike over a median and took a narrow road and reached Veerbhadranagar.Summarizing everything, the ride was worth the effort!

Comments

Unknown said…
way to go !! try maddur next time !
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Prashant Onkar said…
sure..! that was in my mind.. but i think i need still more practice for that!.. going there wont be difficult.. but coming back is wat is difficult.. and i dont have company thts the problem
Prashant Onkar said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

AEM technology stack

Composite Components in AEM using "cq:template"

Understanding Adobe I/O with AEM